Go Forward Pine Bluff Unveils Teams for King Cotton Holiday Classic
Lineup Includes Tournament’s First Women’s Division Since Early 90’s
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (Oct. 26, 2021)
Go Forward Pine Bluff (GFPB) today unveiled the 20 teams competing in the 2021 King Cotton Holiday Classic, a nationally recognized high school basketball tournament sponsored by Simmons Bank. For the first time since the early 90’s, the lineup will include a women’s division.
“With continued support from Simmons Bank and our dedicated volunteers, King Cotton is back and stronger than ever,” said Ryan Watley, GFPB CEO. “Basketball aficionados or not, this is a must-see tournament with a first-class, family-friendly arena experience.”
Held at the renovated Pine Bluff Convention Center, King Cotton’s reputation for star talent extends to its earliest days. Since it was founded in 1982, the tournament has garnered national media attention, including on ESPN. This year, King Cotton will be held from Dec. 27-29. Tickets will be available at KingCottonClassic.org starting Nov. 15.
“The King Cotton Holiday Classic has sparked excitement, community engagement and economic development for decades,” said Daniel Robinson, Simmons Bank’s regional community president. “Simmons Bank is proud to contribute to the shared memories and sense of pride this tournament holds for Pine Bluff residents.”
• Beaumont United High School Timberwolves (Beaumont, Texas)
• Calvary Baptist Academy Cavaliers (Shreveport, La.)
• Cane Ridge High School Ravens (Nashville, Tenn.)
• Cardinal Ritter College Prep Lions (St. Louis, Mo.)
• Christian Brothers High School Cadets (St. Louis, Mo.)
• De La Salle Institute Meteors (Chicago, Ill.)
• Goosecreek Memorial High School Patriots (Baytown, Texas)
• Hightower High School Hurricanes (Missouri City, Texas)
• Huntington High School Raiders (Shreveport, La.)
• Magnolia High School Panthers (Magnolia, Ark.)
• North Little Rock High School Charging Wildcats (North Little Rock, Ark.)
• Parkview Arts & Science Magnet High School Patriots (Little Rock, Ark.)
• Pine Bluff High School Zebras (Pine Bluff, Ark.)
• Raymond High School Rangers (Raymond, Miss.)
• Watson Chapel High School Wildcats (Pine Bluff, Ark.)
• White Hall High School Bulldogs (White Hall, Ark.)
Founded in 2017, Go Forward Pine Bluff is a nonprofit organization with a vision to positively impact local government, education, economic development and quality of life. Go Forward Pine Bluff’s mission is to increase the revenues of the city government, enabling it to provide services expected by citizens.
Simmons Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Simmons First National Corporation (NASDAQ: SFNC), a Mid-South based financial holding company. Simmons Bank operates over 200 branches in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. Founded in 1903, Simmons Bank offers comprehensive financial solutions delivered with a client-centric approach. Simmons Bank was recently named to Forbes magazine’s list of “World’s Best Banks” for the second consecutive year and ranked among the top 30 banks in Forbes’ list of “America’s Best Banks” for 2021. Additional information about Simmons Bank can be found on our website at simmonsbank.com, by following @Simmons_Bank on Twitter or by visiting our newsroom.